Technica Engineering’s Enhanced Ethernet Switch (EES) H-MTD is an automotive Ethernet switch with strong AVB/TSN capabilities, allowing the user to connect up to 8x Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2x 1Gb/10Gb ports SFP+ ports to connect. The EES with its different variants is the successor product to the Technica Media Gateway .
The device can establish virtual point-to-point connections using single-tagged VLANs (802.1q) and double-tagged VLANs (802.1q-in-q). This allows filtering and controlling data streams. Each port supports an 8-level QoS (Quality of Service) class, as well as advanced traffic filtering functions with ingress and egress rules that ensure prioritization, resource reservation and control mechanisms for the received data.
An internal configuration website allows the user to easily configure the device for their use cases and abstract the complex underlying switch hardware. These include VLANs, port mirroring, forwarding or filtering, deep inspection through TCAM rules, port segmentation, and many other features of Layer 2 switches.
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch provides a reliable gPTP/802.1AS automotive profile stack for time synchronization that allows for hard customization to match each customer use case. Our product has Audio Video Bridging (AVB) functions that support statically configured stream reservations and shaping (802.1Qav).
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch is also prepared for the additional TSN functionalities 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv and Qbu. Custom use cases can be supported if required. Contact Technica Engineering’s sales team for more information.
The product also offers alarm and sleep functions.
The “IEEE mode” of the Marvell 88Q2112 A2 PHY and the “Legacy mode” of the EES are supported via the configuration website. A detailed technical description can be found in the user manual of the Enhanced Ethernet Switch.
Technica Engineering launches this device with three variants to offer users more flexibility.
- Variant 1: EES with 8x MATEnet connectors (TE-2000)
- Variant 2: EES with 8x H-MTD plug connections (TE-2001)
- Variant 3: EES with 8x RJ-45 connectors (TE-2002)
- 8 × H-MTD ports for 100/1000BASE-T Automotive Ethernet
- 1 × MQS connector
- 2 × SFP(+) Ports for Logging data output (up to 10Gbps each)
- 1 × 100BASE-TX Standard Ethernet Port with Host for configuration
- 14 × Status LEDs
- Extended voltage range: 12 to 24 Volt Automotive battery voltage systems compatible
- Power consumption: 8 to 14 Watt
- Extended operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Robust steel case
- Size 164 × 120 × 35 mm
- Easy configuration via webserver and remote configuration messages
- Import and export configurations
- Single/Double VLANs
- Port Mirroring
- Port Segmentation
- Wake-up/Sleep functionality
- Possibility to reset to default settings by push button
- Network Time Synchronization: the support of several standards (ANVU gPTP / 802.1AS, PTPv2) allows the user time synchronization to adapt to any use case
- Dual speed capable (both 100- and 1000BASE-T1)
- Bandwidth Reservation
- Ingress Rate Limiter
- Advanced data Filtering tables
- Supports Jumbo frames
- Individual use cases for the following TSN functionalities: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, Qbu (check with our Technical Sales Team)