Technica Engineering’s Enhanced Ethernet Switch MACsec H-MTD is an Automotive Ethernet Switch with strong AVB/TSN capabilities, allowing users to connect up to 8x Gigabit Automotive Ethernet ports and 2x 1Gb/10Gb ports over SFP+ to connect connections.
What is special about this variant (TE-2004) is the support of MACsec technology, which is made possible by using a special PHY. In addition, the MKA (MACsec Key Agreement) implementation is supported by Technica Engineering.
The EES H-MTD MACsec can establish virtual point-to-point connections using single-tagged VLANs (802.1q) and double-tagged VLANs (802.1q-in-q). This allows filtering and controlling data streams. Each port supports an 8-level QoS (Quality of Service) class, as well as advanced traffic filtering functions with ingress and egress rules that ensure prioritization, resource reservation and control mechanisms for the received data.
The EES H-MTD MACsec provides a reliable gPTP/802.1AS automotive profile stack for time synchronization that allows for fixed customization options to match each customer use case. Our product has Audio Video Bridging (AVB) functions that support statically configured stream reservations and shaping. (802.1Qav).
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch MACsec H-MTD is also prepared for the additional TSN functionalities 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv and Qbu. Custom use cases can be supported if required. Contact Technica Engineering’s sales team for more information. The product offers wake-up and sleep functions. A detailed technical description can be found in the user manual of the Enhanced Ethernet Switch MTD MACsec.
Please contact us for a manual on this product
- 8 × H-MTD connectors for 100/1000BASE-T Automotive Ethernet
- 1 × MQS connector
- 2 × PPS connections for time synchronization
- 2 × SFP(+) ports for outputting logging data (up to 10Gbit/s each)
- 1 × 100BASE-TX standard Ethernet port with host for configuration
- 14 × Status LEDs
- Extended voltage requirements: 12 to 24 volts, compatible with battery voltage systems
- Power consumption: 6 to 13 watts
- Extended operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Robust steel housing
- Size: 198×141×39mm
- Send and receive MACsec encrypted messages
- Support of the MKA (MACsec Key Agreement)
- Easy configuration via web server and remote configuration messages
- Import and export of configuration files
- Single/Double VLANs
- Port mirroring
- Port segmentation
- Wake-up/sleep functionality
- Ability to reset to default settings via push button
- Time synchronization: Support for different standards (gPTP / 802.1AS, PTPv2) allows the user to adapt synchronization to each use case
- Dual-speed capable (both 100 and 1000BASE-T1)
- Bandwidth reservation
- Ingress Rate Limiter
- Advanced data filtering table
- Supports jumbo frames
- Individual use cases for the following TSN functions: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, Qbu (contact our Technical Sales Team)