Technica Engineering’s MediaConverter 1000BASE-T1 H-MTD is an intelligent tool used in the development and testing of electronic control units (ECUs ) . It establishes the connection between a control unit with 100/1000BASE-T1 and the Ethernet-based computer that is part of the test and development setup. Thus, it transmits Ethernet packets directly from the physical layer 100/1000BASE-T1 to the physical layer 100 BASE-TX or 1000BASE-T with a deterministic and constant delay of about 2 µs.
This functionality is complemented by the MediaConverter’s DIP switches, which allow for effortless configuration of modes, making the product an easy-to-use brand tool. The master or slave, 100 or 1000 Mbit/s and frame generation modes can be easily managed with these switches. Furthermore, the device can be operated via DIP switch in Marvell 88Q2112 A2 Phy “IEEE” mode or in “Legacy” mode (a detailed description of this is included in the instructions for use).
The media converter 1000BASE-T1 H-MTD is the ideal, intelligent and easy-to-use solution for efficient work with Automotive Ethernet. It meets the increasing need to effectively test validation solutions of the latest communication technologies in next-generation vehicles.
- 4 × DIP switches
- 7 × status LEDs (2 of them on the RJ-45 port)
- 1 × RJ-45 port for 100/1000BASE-T standard Ethernet
- 1 × H-MTD connector for 100/1000BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet
- 1 × MQS connector
- 1 x USB-B Debug Port
- Voltage range: 12 to 24 volts DC
- Power consumption: 2 watts
- Robust metal housing with black powder coating
- Size 89 × 72 × 28mm
- Converts between 100/1000BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet and 100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T Standard Ethernet
- Forcing slave mode and link-down (input) and outputting link status (output) via special MQS connection
- Debugging and firmware update possible via micro USB-B connection
- Configuration via DIP switches:
- DIP switch 1: Master/Slave
- DIP switch 2: 100/1000 Mbit/s
- DIP switch 3: IEEE/Legacy mode
- DIP switch 4: Frame generator