Technica Engineering’s MediaConverter MultiGigabit provides direct point-to-point conversion between automotive ECUs with 2.5/5/10GBASE-T1 MultiGigabit standards and an SFP+ module compatible with MultiGigabit Ethernet devices. No packages are saved or changed during the conversion. The conversion occurs at the physical layer with the highest proven reliability.
This device uses a 2.5G/5G/10GBASE-T1 IEEE 802.3ch compliant Automotive Ethernet PHY. This makes it one of the world’s first implementations of a MultiGigabit Automotive Ethernet Physical Layer Media Converter. We provide a trusted and effective tool with zero latency and packet loss to our customers who are looking for a cost-effective, fast and easy-to-use solution to their testing needs.
The device offers bidirectional conversion between Multi-Gigabit Ethernet (10GBASE-T) and Automotive Multi-Gigabit Ethernet (10GBASE-T1). A solid galvanized sheet steel housing, paired with DIP switches for easy configuration, allows the user to interact with the converter effortlessly. Its design makes it easy to install in test racks. The metal housing makes it robust and offers IP20 protection class.
This makes the MediaConverter MultiGigabit the ideal solution to work quickly and efficiently with the new 2.5/5/10GBASE-T1 technology without the need for additional cabling, customer-specific connections or manufacturer-specific tools.
- 4 × DIP switches
- 1 × Standard SFP+ connector
- 4 × Status LEDs
- 1 × H-MTD connector for 10GBASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet
- 1 × MQS connector
- Cable set:
- Tyco MQS socket
- 1 × Automotive H-MTD Connector
- Cable set (power, 10GBASE-T1)
- Voltage requirement: 12-24 volts DC,
- Robust housing made of galvanized sheet steel with powder coating
- Size: 100 x 93.5 x 27mm
- Enables easy connectivity to ECUs with 2.5/5/10GBASE-T1 multigigabit Ethernet port for vehicles.
- Supports line speed adjustment to different bandwidths between the T1 line speed of the 2.5/5/10GBASE-T1 interface and the speed negotiated on the SFP+ module side.
- I/O signals for easy connection to automated systems
- Possibility of firmware updates via the Micro USB-B port